First you should report the accident or injury immediately to your employer and fill out forms.  If the injury is work-related, you have a Workers' Compensation Case.
 If you are released from work by a doctor, you should get weekly payments called temporary total disability payments.  If your treating doctor is not acceptable to you or you desire a second opinion, you need to consult with an attorney.  Most attorneys will meet with you at no charge to see if you need to be represented by an attorney in your case.  An attorney can only charge the fee allowed by the Workers' Compensation Commission.
 If you are having trouble with your employer or getting your worker's compensation benefits, please check with an attorney to make sure you are protected.